Don’t let a few months spoil a good story


If it’s good enough for the BBC then it’s good enough for me. “Stoned wallabies make crop circles” tops this morning’s list of most shared stories on the BBC News website and is in the top 10 most read stories as well. “The one interesting bit that I found recently in one of my briefs on the poppy industry was that we have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles,” the Tasmanian Attorney-General Lara Giddings is reported telling a parliamentary committee. “Then they crash,” she added. “We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high.”
What embarrassed me about this yarn was not the damage done to the reputation of my old home state by these stoned marsupials but that it took the BBC to draw it to me attention. I apologise to those readers of my morning media blog for failing to pick up the original report in the Hobart Mercury of 25 June this year which the BBC plagiarised (without attribution, the naughty people).
091214mercurywallabies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten