Will those years of wining and dining be rewarded?

The highlight of my survey of the international press this morning (Yes - old habits die hard and I'm posting my summary to my blog each day) was the news that the disgraced press baron Conrad Black is pinning his hopes on clemency from U.S. President George W. Bush as a last-ditch effort to get out of jail early. The story in the Toronto Globe and Mail showed that the jailbird has lost none of his arrogant disregard for other people's money - he wants his former publishing company to foot the legal bill.

Comments

mboz101 said…
Nothing to do with Felonius Black. Just wanted to say how pleased I am to have found your media blog. You are missed on Crikey who gave no warning of discontinuing your breakfast media wrap. When I called them they did not advise me of your blog. Shame on Crikey. May good luck and success be your constant companions. Cheers, mboz101
Richard Farmer said…
That's very kind of you.
I am a newspaper junkie and enjoy doing it and the ego took a bit of a thumping when they said at Crikey there were not enough readers to make it worthwhile continuing. I would love to prove them wrong so if there is anyone you think would also find it a good read I would appreciate you letting them know of my existence.
I will experiment a bit with the content to see if I can make it more attractive - on the weekend, for example, I included a few things that interested me in the weekly publications - and I would be thankful for any views you have. SHould I, for example, put in a few of the best business stories I come across every morning?
Thanks again
Richard Farmer

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten