Blagojevich to pay the Christmas credit card bill

I am counting down the minutes of this old year with greater enthusiasm than normal having backed Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to still be in office as 2009 rolls in. When the market back in early December had him only a 20% chance to keep his job by year's end I could not resist a wager and I hope some of my readers copped the tip. As I wrote at the time, I doubted whether the Governor's Illinois colleagues would really have the enthusiasm to move quickly agaisnt him.
My current interest in the current affairs betting markets is of a non-political kind. In the spirit of the silly summer season I am researching that major cultural event the Oscars and will attempt to repeat my Blagojevich good fortune with a dollar or two on the best film and best director. Keep watching this space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten